The Bulls are excited to confirm that we have entered the new UKWB league structure, which is sponsored by RGK Wheelchairs Ltd.
The new UKWB organisation has set up North, Central and South leagues, playing all matches at centralised locations to keep the costs down to just £100 per team and £6 per player. All UKWB matches will be live streamed on their social media platforms.
The UKWB model is based upon the professional league in Germany, with able bodied players, players with learning disabilities and players with other disabilities that struggle to get classified under the IWBF classification system all being classified as 4.5 classification players. This is to promote inclusion and increase participation, ensuring the sport is truly open to all.
The Bulls are the only club playing in the UKWB structure to enter teams in two different regions; The Bulls have entered a development team in the North league and a competitive team in the Central league.
As a proud grassroots club focused on bringing new people in to wheelchair basketball, we will be able to offer our players invaluable minutes focused purely on development as well as competitive matches.
Our development team will be playing at Penrith Leisure Centre, Southend Road, Penrith, CA11 8JH.
All development matches will be played as 2 x 10 minutes halves.
The confirmed fixtures for the development team are;
20th October 2019
- 9:35am – The Bulls 2 vs North Wales Knights
- 10:45am – Carlisle Panthers 2 vs The Bulls 2
- 2:20pm – The Bulls 2 vs Tees Valley Titans 4
- 4:40pm – Wakefield Whirlwinds 2 vs The Bulls 2
3rd November 2019
- 10:30am – The Bulls 2 vs Chester Phoenix
- 12pm – Vikings vs The Bulls 2
- 1pm – North Wales Knights vs The Bulls 2
- 2pm – The Bulls 2 vs Carlisle Panthers 2
29th March 2020
- 10am – Tees Valley Titans 4 vs The Bulls 2
- 12pm – The Bulls 2 vs Wakefield Whirlwinds 2
- 2pm – Chester Phoenix vs The Bulls 2
- 3:30pm – The Bulls 2 vs Vikings
There will also be a knockout format cup competition on 19th January 2020.
Our competitive team will be playing at Wildcats Arena, Greenwood Road, Nottingham, NG3 7ED.
All competitive matches will be full 40 minutes matches and the top 2 teams will go to the national finals at the end of the season.
The confirmed fixtures for the competitive team are;
9th November 2019
- 2:30pm – Wolverhampton vs The Bulls 1
18th January 2020
- 12:30pm – Gloucester Blazers vs The Bulls 1
- 4:30pm – Sheffield Steelers vs The Bulls 1
23rd February 2020
- 10:30am – The Bulls 1 vs Steelers Wheelers
21st March 2020
- 2:30pm – The Bulls 1 vs Leicester Cobras
UKWB is a not-for-profit organisation which has the simple aim to provide competitive sporting opportunities for everyone.
UKWB was founded in 2019 by Ray McBride and Lee Fawcett with the help of the title sponsor RGK Wheelchairs. Originally flourishing in the North of England, UKWB is based upon over two years of extensive work with younger players of wheelchair basketball.
UKWB founders McBride and Fawcett noticed that the provisions for younger players were not being met so, with the support of RGK, they offered a competitive league for all teams from around the UK to attend.